What are examples of counseling and psychotherapy services?

Having suffered from sexual abuse can leave the person in need of receiving specific support through counseling or psychotherapy. This can happen in different moments of your life, and you will always be entitled to receive this support, regardless of how much time has passed since the direct experiences of abuse.

Please know that a competent therapist/counsellor will warmly welcome you, acknowledge your pain and distress and recognize your willingness to improve your life.

In terms of receiving these services, you are certainly free to choose whomever you trust along with the kind of therapeutical approach with which you feel the most comfortable; what we offer here is a list of available counseling/psychotherapy spaces, which are either run by Church entities or by entities independent from the Church, dedicated to victims/survivors of sexual abuse.

Church entities #

Catholic Charities of the Diocese of Greensburg (USA)

Towards Healing is an independent organization providing professional support for people who have experienced institutional, clerical or religious abuse in Ireland. Among their practices is a service dedicated to  deaf people.

Catholic Charities Counseling Support Line: If the pandemic has you feeling anxious or depressed and you would like to talk with a counselor, please call the Catholic Charities Counseling Support Line at 312.948.6951 any time M-F from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Spanish speaking counselors are available. If you leave a message after hours a counselor will call you back.

Other entities #

SAFE SPACES (ENGLAND & WALES) is a free and independent support service for anyone who has experienced abuse in relation to the Church of England, the Church in Wales or the Catholic Church of England and Wales. These Churches have funded this service, yet the services themselves are run independently by the charity Victim Support, which is one of the leading charities providing specialist support to victims/survivors of abuse in England and Wales.

Powered by BetterDocs